The focus of palliative care, as per WHO, is to improve quality of life and provide comfort to people of all ages with serious, chronic and life-threatening illnesses such as cancer, congestive heart failure, kidney failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and AIDS amongst others. This is achieved through prevention and relief of suffering by early identification of associated complications, assessment, treatment of pain and other problems – physical, psychosocial and spiritual.
Aspects of Palliative Care:
• Provide relief from pain and other complications that may arise due to chronic illnesses
• Affirms life and regard dying as a normal process. It intends neither to hasten nor postpone death, while integrating psychological and spiritual aspects in care
• Offer a support system to help patients live as actively as possible
• Offer a support system to help the family cope during illness and bereavement
• Encourage social and family interactions
• Accompany the patient to doctor/hospital, as and when required
• Disease and medication management
• Manage incontinence
• Manage psychological problems
• Family caregiver education around what to expect and what to do
• Managing safety of the patient
Sanctus Care offers 24 x 7 supervised residential support for patients needing palliative care at our 24 x 7 Center, Shriniwas, Baner.
Please provide your details below and we will contact you within 24 hours to schedule your appointment.